Connection has a fantastic opportunity through our technical staffing division in Jacksonville, FL. We are looking for a Linux Engineer 1. This is a permanent, full time position within our organization on our client site. The position comes with an excellent benefits package which includes -- among other benefits -- health, dental, 401k matching, and a generous PTO allotment.
Position Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Execute scripts, and complete instruction lists
- Provide basic monitoring and troubleshooting of virtualized Linux Servers
- Follow instructions provided by level II Engineers.
- Managing and reporting platform inventory utilizing ServiceNow.
- Responds to a variety of reported inputs including, phone, web, email, system generated messages and various monitoring tools.
- Applies troubleshooting techniques and technical knowledge to identify the Incident severity and the required resolution process.
- 1+ Years of experience providing engineer level support.
- Linux Skills -- Administration of Solaris, Suse 10,11,12, Redhat 5,6,7, scripting familiarity with cfengine, ansible, use of git, bitbucket, NFS, Oracle software, Suse Manager
- General Skills -- OSI network model, basic troubleshooting, understanding complex systems, VMware virtualization, vCenter, esxi, fiber channel storage configuration, NFS storage configuration, security vulnerability testing and remediation, SSH management, HP hardware experience, Cisco UCS hardware experience
- Helpful Skills -- cloud services (AWS, OpenStack, etc.), ServiceNow experience
- Complies with CLIENT's SOPs and SLAs related to, but not limited to Ticket management, documentation, escalation, and resolution or fulfillment.
Connection and all of its subsidiary companies are committed to equal opportunit