Title: Linux Engineer
Role: Direct Hire
Location: Charlotte, NC
Ctrl+F is currently hiring a Linux Engineer will be responsible for installation and maintenance of servers and databases on a Linux platform, development of deployment and maintenance scripts, proactive risk assessment and development of risk mitigation strategies, and assumption of code change management duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of servers and databases on a Linux platform.
- Development of deployment and maintenance scripts.
- Proactive risk assessment and development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Assumption of code change management duties.
- This position requires excellent communication and time management skills, and the ability to coordinate well with a team.
- Candidates will be expected to show personal initiative and assume primary ownership for these duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 4+ years systems engineers experience in a Linux environment (CentOS versions 5/6)
- 2+ years proxy/web server administration experience
- 2+ administration experience with Virtual Machines
- Advanced knowledge of networking topography and backup solutions
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
Additional consideration given for experience with:
- Ovirt virtualization management