Engineering Lead Analyst
The CATE CitiDeveloper group is a global team that provides architectural and development support to all development groups across Citigroup as well as being involved in developing strategic enterprise shared services solutions to be used by the Investment Bank, Consumer Bank, and Corporate businesses. The Build & Binary Repositories team is responsible for the strategic technology direction/roadmap of the central application build and continuous integration tools and binary repositories for the whole organization..
• You will work closely with application developers and sector architect across various departments at Citi to learn about their needs
• You need to have 3-5 years of experience writing code in Java and/or Python and deploy it to production Linux servers
• You will architect/develop/support enterprise scale systems/tools/frameworks/libraries for global use across Citi’s Technology groups
•You will need 3-5 Unix/Linux development tool subject matter expertise to the application development communities at Citi
• You will proactively identify and implement opportunities that enable the development groups to provide the best solutions to their businesses.
• You will understand technology industry trends, how they impact our future solutions and provide strategic direction for the development community
• You will evaluate and provide technical solutions to solve a variety of complex and interdependent processes and application integrations
• You will evaluate and perform POC on new strategic technical products and applications.
• You will manage problems/defects with existing solutions and drive issues to resolution
• Strong demonstrable experience in system solutions design (coming from a development background)
• Experience with build tools make, maven, gradle, ant
• Experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle – including unit testing, code scanning
• Strong understanding of architectural concepts and design
• Hands-on Linux/Unix platforms development experience
• Working knowledge of one object oriented language (Java or C# preferred)
• Familiarity with data persistence technologies both SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (MongoDB)
• Windows Security (LDAP, Active Directory) a plus
• Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and devops tools (Docker, Chef etc.) a plus
• Experience with binary repository managers such as Artifactory and Nexus a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including social networking and blogging
• Strong interpersonal skills both in person or over the phone/video
• Ability to work independently as part of a remote team
• Ability to understand business drivers and balance business requirements, timelines, costs and best practices
• Good analytical skills, ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions
• An appetite for taking on challenges and leveraging new technologies.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience of 8-10 years in technology required