Linux Cluster Systems Administrator
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
What You’ll Get to Do:
As an experienced Linux Cluster System Administrator, you will manage specialized Linux clustered systems.
More About the Role:
The majority of the effort will be to maintain, upgrade, configure and administer those systems. You will also provide initial triage of user issues, and provide informal training as needed. Your responsibilities will include Linux administration and installation, patch evaluation and implementation, and networktroubleshooting within the configurations. In this role, you will need to have a good command of various Linux scripting tools, such as bash, perl, python, etc. You will also utilize your knowledge of job
execution, both from a scheduler/ resource management viewpoint (slurm, and from an inter-process communications viewpoint (PGAS, shmem). While not expected to be a fluent programmer in these areas, you will need a solid working knowledge of how they work.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience with installing and integrating system software on Linux Clusters
- At least 3 years’ experience as a system administrator of Linux cluster system
- Good understanding of supercomputer architectures and concepts
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux operating systems and computer networking
- Must have effective verbal and writing skills
- Must be able to work effectively in small teams, as well as work independently
- Current TS/SCI poly is required.
- Bachelors degree in related field, preferably Computer Science or Computer Engineering
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with Linux cluster resource allocation, job scheduling, Infiniband networks, shmem communications, and cluster monitoring.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies/products: Slurm, Nagios, Ganglia, Lustre, Infiniband, , HPE CMU.