This position is a member of a team that ensures reliable and efficient operations of the server operating environments, application, and database servers within physical and virtual environments, public and hybrid cloud, and more in a global enterprise. The team evaluates and selects, deploys and maintains tools and processes to implement automatic integration between existing and new systems, deployment and monitoring tools, storage and backup tools and processes, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Automate servers and infrastructure through use of orchestration, configuration management and parallel execution technologies. Automate repetitive processes.
- Leverage concepts such as automation, templating, multiple inheritance, error-handling, and code re-use to ensure efficient and simple administration.
- Design, test, document, and deploy solutions; verify solutions against requirements; refine and improve code, components and processes.
- Develop/deploy/administer/remediate Linux and Windows application, database, and infrastructure servers to meet business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and remediate errors/failures related to applications, network, storage, and so forth. Perform root cause analysis for major faults.
- Provide support and expertise to other systems and network engineers and administrators, and act as a backup or “secondary” for other areas of responsibility (including, for example, windows servers or storage)
- Ensure security and compliance of the systems, processes and solutions with internal standards, industry compliance standards and best practices.
- Analyze and report accurately and regularly on gaps, risks, failures, efficiencies, improvements, coverage, licensing, etc.
- Interact with technical and non-technical staff from various business units to assess needs, communicate options, and design and implement suitable solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation relating to the job function and the environment: architecture, integrations, code, and application settings. Complete knowledge transfer within the team. Mentor other team members.
- Participate in regular on-call duty and perform after hours work as needed to support business needs.
- Follow team processes; contribute to refinement of processes.
- Otherduties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Required education /experience
- Ten years’ proven experience delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support
- Subject matter expert in systems administration (Linux and/or Windows)
- Subject matter expert in at least one configuration management or systems automation tool, such as Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, Ansible, bcfg2, etc.
- At least two years of experience in writing system configuration recipes.
- Strong working knowledge of general OS, application, databa