The Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. This position requires shift work (nights and weekends).
- Provide security engineering and integration services.
- Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, network security, information security and privacy.
- Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments.
- Responsible for ensuring the protection of data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
US Citizenship required
Active Top Secret Clearance required
Candidate must be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of prior relevant experience.
- A Master's degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience
- Professional experience may be substituted for a degree
Required skills include:
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
Desired Knowledge and experience with any of the following:
- IDM/Free IPA
- Open Nebula
- Satellite Server
Nagios Training/certification in any of the following is strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)