The System Administrator candidate provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems as well as manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. The selected candidate provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. The candidate will be expected to provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process and configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
This position requires shift work (nights and weekends).
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network design
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Supports and provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
US Citizenship required
Active Top Secret Clearance required
Candidate must be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI clearance
- Eight (8) or more years of system administration experience required
- (Note: A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience)
- (Note: A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Master's degree in related field is desired
Required skills include:
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data.