We are looking for a Linux Administrator who will be responsible for assisting in designing,implementing, and monitoring the deployment process of Linux on lab test machines on a wide range of hardware. We are looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for automating the deployment and software update process; enable us to monitor the health of systems in both Azure and on-prem environment.
Duration of project (contract or FTE)- FTE/12 months
Duties and Responsibilities:
* OS deployment experience with Linux. Fully automated installation from physical media as well as experience in PXE deployments.
* Working as part of a team, the Linux Systems Administrator will have the primary responsibility for diagnosis and resolution of problems within a timely manner and to a professional standard.
* Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
Knowledge and Experience:
* Extensive knowledge and proven experience of installing and supporting many Linux distributions, specifically Debian and Ubuntu.
* Extensive knowledge of standard system tools with the ability to use them to automate complex system tasks.
* Proficient on bash; Python or other scripting language is a plus.
* Knowledge of other operating systems including Mac OS X and Windows and how they inter-operate would be an advantage.
* Ability to apply analysis skills and problem-solving techniques to situations to provide fast and effective solutions.
* Ability to prioritize workload effectively and work well under pressure.
* Ability to work on your own initiative.
* The ability to comprehend and communicate clearly and effectively on a wide range of technical issues with people at all levels.
* Experience of diagnosing and fixing technical problems across a variety of hardware platforms.