We are looking for ?Linux Administrator for our client in ?Columbia, SC
Job Title: ?Linux Administrator
Job Location: ?Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- This position will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of all Linux server instances in the Development Operations environment.
- Currently this includes RHEL and Ubuntu Linux.
- The candidate will work closely with other infrastructure staff members and act as a backup resource on infrastructure areas such as storage and network.
- Ability to apply Linux administration principles and best practices consistently across a multi-server environment
- All aspects of system management and maintenance with respects to Linux operating system.
- Enthusiasm for our industry.
- Eagerness to improve system health.
- Strong opinions loosely held.
- Knowledge of general Linux administration.
- SAN experience
- Shell Scripting
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Server
- General Linux installation and maintenance
- File system configuration
- Application deployment
- System process and resource monitoring
- Firewall management
- EMC Storage
- Bachelor of Science Degree in any field