This position is responsible for technical administration of all of Carhartt's Linux servers. This position will work directly with internal IS teams to manage any required system updates/patches and with the system integration team for delivery of system functionality.
- Experience with VMWare, Active Directory and SharePoint is preferred.
- Linux Server (RedHat, CentOS, SUSE) as well as postfix/sendmail/MySQL skills preferred.
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot physical and virtual Linux servers.
- Provide and maintain documentation of backup processes and retention periods.
- Provide and test backup and disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Experience in Linux OS installation, Software and Patch management.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scriptinglanguages.
- Should know how to debug/troubleshoot memory issues.
- Experienced in large scale Production Support Server Environments.
- Handle escalated incidents or high critical tickets.
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Nagios.
- Provide on-callsupport as part of a rotational schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experiencerequired.
- 2 or more years working as an administrator/engineer in a Unix/Linux environment
- 2 or more years of working withinfrastructure principles and best practices.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply newly attained skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and responsive to new or special projects assigned.
- Produce work output that is produced on time and according to recurring or special deadlines.
- Previous use of automated systems and procedures to reduce manual errors.
- Ability to work in a team setting with coworkers and internal customers.
- Typical office environment; cubicle/office setting. Extended periods of time sitting, standing, typing on a computer is required.
- Willing to work some nights and/or weekends as needed.
- National travelrequired (up to 15%).
- Carhartt is a tobacco free workplace.