BoomTown is looking for a Linux Administrator with a passion for cloud computing, infrastructure as code and maintaining highly available web applications. The Linux Administrator will work closely with our DevOps and software development teams in Charleston, SC to ensure developers have the deployment tools needed to ship code with ease.
The Linux Administrator will be responsible for helping further the automation of the building, deployment, and monitoring of all production systems and applications as well as supporting the software development environment.
We are looking for an individual who is comfortable working in a 24/7 production environment. The Linux Administrator will be a member of a small and critical technical operations team.
- Handle systems administration of RHEL 6, RHEL7, Ubuntu, and AWS-L Servers
- Implement and maintain a configuration management solution
- Install, maintain and ensure the reliability and security of computer operating system software, O/S patch management, third party products, and server hardware infrastructure components
- Implement SSH key management solution
- Write tools and scripts to provide automation and self services solutions for other teams
- Assist in designing, provisioning, maintaining, and scaling custom solutions for deployments, monitoring, orchestration, and provisioning.
- Work closely with Amazon Web Services and Rackspace cloud environments.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with key infrastructure components including servers, databases, CI tools, applications, and software.
- Partner with dev teams to provide operational environment expertise.
- Be responsible for maintaining highly performant, stable, and scalable environments.
- 3+ years minimum Linux systems administration experience
- Solid understanding of current web and internet technologies like Apache, Tomcat
- Demonstrated ability working with medium to large environments, preferably 200 or more systems.
- Shell scripting skills.
- The ability to independently research solutions to technical issues.
- The ability to document technical solutions.