Roles and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for Linux System Administrator for production servers and disk storage in an enterprise environment. This position requires applications support in a Linux – Red Hat environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or Linux certification is preferred, but not required.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Typically requires at least 10+ year’s relevant experience without a Degree; 6+ years’ relevant experience with Undergraduate Degree; 4+ years relevant experience with Graduate Degree.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction with good documentation skills.
- Expert in all aspects of server administration; for example, configuration of disk sub-systems, server operations and maintenance, server migration, server protection and disk-to-disk backup/restore.
- A solid understanding of Linux-based operating systems and the storage utilities used by them.
- In-depth understanding of fiber channel and network-based storage concepts.
- Ability to write scripts in various administrative languages (Tk, Perl, VBScript, a shell).
- 5+ years of system administration in a Linux environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This position requires an Active Top Secret Clearance.
- May be required to help physically install and/or uninstall servers in racks.
Req ID: 5072