We are looking for ?Linux Admin for our client in Charlotte, NC / Iselin, NJ
Job Title: Linux Admin
Job Location: Charlotte, NC / Iselin, NJ
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Linux Servers / Virtualization
- Installation and configuration of HA environment using Linux cluster or Veritas Cluster.
- Configuration and administration of LVM and Veritas logical volume manager.
- Installing and Maintaining kickstart environment
- Patch and Package administration
- Printer Administration
- Writing shell scripts to accomplish day to day system administration task
- Configuring and supporting domains
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issue
- Administer and configure various FS like JFS,ext2, ext3, OCFS & Pseudo FS
- Capacity planning and fine tune system for optimal performance
- Knowledge on Apache virtual hosting, SSL website config
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage.
- Administration of NIS or LDAP environment
- Configuring Unix Security baseline
- Performance Management & fine tuning
- Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate IT technical language into everyday terms which users can understand, specifically non-technical senior management
- Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that the service is flexible, efficient and responsive
- To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
- Demonstrable results in a business customer facing role, with a track record of delivering services to defined service levels.
- Experience in the management of multi-discipline teams in distributed locations.
- Experience of working in an Operational environment alongside other technical and operational teams, ensuring that all parties collaborate effectively to deliver services.
- Use of ITIL service management framework to deliver best practice capabilities.
- Proven ability to deliver improvements that deliver greater value to the customer and business through more efficient delivery and/or lower costs.