Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Perform as a Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) Test Engineer supporting the F/A 18 A-F Platform integration team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct developmental lab, flight, and ground testing of MIDS LVT and MIDS JTRS Link 16 hardware and software.
- Develop and document test points and test procedures for new software builds, and evaluate new software performance.
- Actively monitor MIDS LVT and MIDS JTRS Link 16 system deficiencies to determine problems, and retest corrected problems to ensure proper software functionality.
- Plan assigned test missions on the Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) for flights and lab sessions.
- Assist Test Team members with mission planning as required. Develop Flight Cards for test events.
- Execute flight Test events. Brief and debrief aircrew.
- Monitor sub-system performance and operational data during flights via TM sources.
- Coordinate with EW ranges and other outside facilities in preparation for MIDS LVT and MIDS JTRS Link 16 flights.
- Write post-mission report, submission of Software Anomaly Reports (SARs), data collection, analysis, and posting of data to the common data sharing system.
- Provide feedback and work with the developers, aircrew, and other analysts in identifying problems.
- Oversight of MIDS LVT and MIDS JTRS Link 16 requirements and provide inputs to applicable planning documents and Test Plans.
Secret security clearance. Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related discipline plus two years of relevant experience.
Experience with Data Links to include MIDS LVT and MIDS JTRS.
Requisition ID 2017-36863