Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
Lighting Outreach Account Manager
ICF is seeking a Service Provider Outreach Manager to support a variety of commercial energy efficiency utility programs in the greater Baltimore/Washington area. The successful candidate will have the knowledge and skills to engage the lighting community and form strong working relationships with Sales Managers, Account and Territory Representatives, contractors, engineers and designers.
The Service Provider Outreach Manager will work with program management to develop strategic initiatives and execute outreach strategies to achieve program goals and deliver sound results. Candidate must be experienced in the lighting industry and be knowledgeable about types of lighting projects, various lighting technologies (such as LED, fluorescent, and HID), lighting control strategies, the sales process and key stakeholders. This position requires interaction with internal and external industry experts as well as interaction across multiple teams to accomplish portfolio-wide goals. While the position is based in Columbia, MD area, local business travel up to 75% may be required.
- Working as part of a team to achieve annual energy savings goals for our clients' energy efficiency programs
- Utilize industry knowledge of lighting and control industry to motivate service providers to participate in programs that can reduce energy usage and costs for our mutual customers
- Recruiting and developing strategic relationships with contractors, energy service companies (ESCO's), equipment suppliers, manufacturers and engineering/design firms
- Achieving weekly and monthly targets for site visits, networking events and training seminars
- Managing performance of participating service providers across multiple programs and creating action plans for improvement
- Delivering effective communication through technical assistance, program training and guidance
- Creating compelling presentations that deliver a strong "call to action"
- Using data analytics to target outreach efforts
- Resolving issues quickly and effectively
- Ensuring business and travel expenses remain within budget
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the lighting industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical concepts such as efficacy, lighting power density, footcandles, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lighting control strategies including: networked lighting (IoT and PoE), occupancy vs vacancy, daylight harvesting, zoning, task tuning, etc.
- Proven experience in managing customer accounts, fostering relationships and providing superior service
- Experience in creating and executing sales and/or outreach strategies
- Strong working knowledge of key market players in the lighting industry
- Knowledge of the commercial appliance industry is a plus
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Ability to form and develop strategic relationships with industry stakeholders
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism and a cooperative attitude
- Strong persuasion, business writing and presentation skills
- Can analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Sound business ethics, including the responsibility of protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Must be able to work and communicate with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside vendors and clients.
- Industry certification such as: LC, CLEP, CEM, CEA or LEED-AP
- Performed energy audits and energy savings calculations.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)