The Senior Lighting Engineer is responsible for the profitable delivery of effective lighting scope to client satisfaction on projects. The Sr. Lighting Engineer reports to the Lighting Engineering Manager. S/he works closely with project development team, including subcontractors and vendors, to perform lighting assessments and to develop lighting scope of work. The Sr. Lighting Engineer has significant knowledge in all aspects of lighting technology, including codes and standards. They are an excellent collaborator with the multiple team members internal and external who enable delivery of a successful lighting project. They are an excellent communicator, in training internal employees as well as making customer presentations concerning lighting.
QALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Four-year college degree or technical degree and/or relative work experience LC and/or CLEP is preferred
- EIT, PE, Master's Electrician License, and/ or CEM would be considered a plus
- Seven years relevant work experience in the lighting industry .
- Photometric calculation experience in either AGI32 or Visual 3D
- SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of lighting technology and application
- Knowledge of lighting codes, standards, and industry construction knowledge
- Familiar with lighting audit and design simulation software
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and project management / organization skills, but not limited to the ability to:
- handle multiple demands and assignments
- prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- manage resource procurement and utilization.
- influence and persuade internal and external Customers
- listen effectively and solicit input from others
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to travel greater than 25%.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including thorough knowledge of MS Excel
- Passionate about customer service and team success
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties. Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties. While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment rooms, which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job requires work to be performed on project sites and thus will necessitate remote office capabilities to continue to perform needed tasks.