Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an experienced Business Development Manager to lead business development activities for our Building Technologies Lighting Control Solutions Group. The Business Development Manager will develop strong relationships with targeted lighting industry specifiers and contractors to strengthen Siemens position as a lighting control solution provider, as well as educate architects, lighting designers, electrical engineers and end users on the value proposition of Siemens Total Room Automation and Gamma lighting controls. The Business Development Manager will be based out of our (Branch Location) location.
• Utilizes sales techniques to sell products / services / solutions to established or prospective customers. Drives and exceeds assigned sales goals and/or is significantly contributing to overall sales team’s success. Initiates / establishes / maintains customer and channel partner contact, providing basic technical product application assistance as required. Calls on prospective / established customers, providing technical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations.
• Assists/reviews in the preparation of product information required by customers. Assists/reviews training assignments as directed in order to apply engineering knowledge and principles. Continually strives to become more familiar with Siemens products, technology, personnel, culture, policies, practices and regulations.
• Provide expert approach/application support to Design Consultants and Contractors to improve customer and branch productivity and reduce their risk.
• Teams/Leads the Sales Engineer/Account Manager to respond to Design Consultant requirements in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
• Allow Siemens Industry, Inc. to increase its visibility and Building Automation, Fire Alarm and Security leadership position image in the Design Consultant and construction community. Reviews/initiates design specifications on targeted projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through price and preference. Develop and conduct seminars and lunch & learns to consulting/contracting firms to promote company products and solution sets. Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage. Develop business opportunities and generate sales volume.
• Supports local sales management with strategic planning and forecasting. Research, develop and maintain competitive information resources.
• Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services. Represents Siemens with active participation in industry associations, professional organization and affiliations. Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval of design documents and create outstanding customer value.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, however, an equivalent combination of education and experience (High School Diploma or GED equivalent a minimum requirement) will also be considered.
• 5+ years experience in a similar role in the commercial lighting industry, preferably lighting controls experience
• Knowledge of Siemens Industry products and solution sets desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present themselves and Siemens Industry, Inc. in a professional and positive way, be technically astute and work well in a team/collaborative environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of professional principles and skills
• Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.'
Requisition Number: 221374