Siemens is seeking a sharp and technically-sound professional to join our sales team in Mount Prospect. Specifically, we need someone who can sell lighting control system technologies to consultants and construction contractors building facilities in various commercial markets in the Chicagoland area.
This role will support our Branch Sales Manager, and is a fantastic opportunity to join a global engineering powerhouse offering huge developmental potential.
Under general supervision the Sales Manager, manages and grows assigned territory or group of accounts. Achieves booking and gross margin goals as determined by management. Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory. Coordination with other salespeople as appropriate.
Working from the local Siemens branch office, the Lighting Control Solutions Sales Executive will drive awareness by promoting the Siemens lighting controls solutions in the marketplace in order to achieve sales targets and profit objectives.
- Perform as local Siemens lighting controls subject matter expert in the face of lighting designers, architects, and end users
- Develop strong relationships with targeted lighting industry specifiers and contractors to strengthen Siemens position as a lighting control solution provider
- Educate architects, lighting designers, electrical engineers and end users on the value
proposition of Siemens Total Room Automation and Gamma lighting controls
- Discover lighting control opportunities and position the solution to align with Siemens Total Room Automation solution targets
- Provide lighting controls design support, budgeting, and technical support to the local Siemens branch
- Collaborate with other Siemens solutions salespeople and operations to deliver a turnkey solution to the customer
- Evaluate and report sales and competitive activity within the territory
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5+ yrs. experience in a similar role in the commercial lighting industry, preferably lighting controls experience
- · Associate’s degree
- · Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office tools and SAP
- · Knowledgeable in business processes, standard practices, tools, and financial systems within branch
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, financial skills and effective estimating skills
- · Strong interpersonal skills to work with operations and Sales
- · Travel required minimal, within assigned region
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills in English.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Preferred experience: Two years of selling lighting control system offerings to Chicagoland electrical contractors.
Requisition Number: 221113