Business Development Manager – Lighting
Arrow Electronics is seeking an experienced territory manager to lead its Lighting sales group in the eastern U.S. This position can reside in one of several locations in the east including, but not limited to, Raleigh, Atlanta, Boston, north Florida, or Philadelphia.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and creating the relationship between the organization and suppliers, customers and/or vendors within Arrow's Lighting Vertical Market organization by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals at target lighting OEMs. Assists with the development and execution of strategy and business development.
- Manages the sales, marketing, and/or product teams, as assigned, to implement business development initiatives.
- Recruits, hires and mentors top sales business development staff.
- Provides market intelligence; evaluates, develops, and manages market specific sales strategies and new strategic business opportunities.
- Ensures execution to sales growth plans. Drives results through demand identification and demand creation opportunities.
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
Accountable for the budget, performance and results of a medium-sized team or multiple small teams
- Exercises full management authority, including performance reviews, pay decisions, recruitment, discipline, termination and other personnel actions
Addresses issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
- At least 7 years’ experience leading a successful regional sales team in the lighting vertical
- Proven success leading a remote team
- Thorough understanding of Distribution
- Proven ability to influence multiple decision makers and enable internal and external partnerships
- Success building influential supplier relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and deal with ambiguity
- Travel required – 75%