Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute and lead the vision, strategy, execution and results for our Email Marketing, encompassing the marketing, transactional, and lifecycle email supporting growth and retention across our business.
- Identify audience cohorts to optimize customer journeys and deliver the right message at the right time. Understanding of metrics and analytics is required (LTV, CAC, Churn, etc.).
- Act as the subject matter expert on the customer journey, from onboarding to checkout to retention to referral to win-back
- Leverage our access to highly personalized customer data to execute complex campaigns, bring innovative new ideas and explore growth opportunities that quantifiably extend customer LTV
- Interview and survey customers to gather qualitative data
- Establish rigorous A/B testing processes to test creative design, content, email cadence and timing to constantly improve performance
- Create campaign calendar and execute ongoing campaign cadences
- Report on KPI metrics and make recommendations on how to continuously improve the programs
- In collaboration with the Design & Marketing teams, own the creation of a monthly lifecycle campaign calendar
- Partner with the Data and Engineering team to accurately track A/B tests and day-to-day performance of CRM channels
- Work with our Customer Experience team to diagnose communication failures and identify messaging / product features that drive customer loyalty
- 3-5 years experience across all facets of CRM, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, deliverability, and AB/multivariate testing lifecycle marketing for a tech-enabled consumer brand preferably app-based.
- Knack for writing or collaborating on great copy. Subject lines are your jam.
- Creative with an eye for design (physical and digital UX/UI) and some frontend web development basics (HTML, CSS)
- Technical understanding of CRM, particularly with regards to deliverability principles and dynamic personalization.
- Expertise in Iterable, Braze or closely comparable ESP
- Prior experience using a data visualization platform, such as Looker
- Knowledge of conversion rate optimization and A/B testing across channels
- Self-motivated. Ability to identify and solve problems without direction
- Inherently analytical and data-driven
Bonus Points (no pun intended)
- Experience at a high-growth startup, preferably a tech-enabled consumer brand