Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 146 days ago
Ice Miller LLP embraces a work environment that is collaborative, welcoming, and focused on growth. To maintain our culture, we are committed to building an inclusive workplace where talented attorneys from all backgrounds serve our clients, focus on professional development, and perform to their highest potential. With offices in Columbus, Indianapolis, Chicago, DuPage County, Illinois, New York, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., our attorneys and professional staff are among the best and the brightest.
We are seeking an Intellectual Property attorney in our Philadelphia office with a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree in a biotechnology or life sciences discipline, including, but not limited to, cellular or molecular biology, biochemistry, or microbiology with four to seven years of prior experience in domestic and foreign patent prosecution and counseling. Prior transactional due diligence experience is preferred. Successful candidates will work on a wide range of issues and across broad legal functions in a dynamic patent practice. Candidates also must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a team oriented mentality, and be a motivated self-starter with strong law school credentials and references.
In this position you will:
• Receive training opportunities with growing levels of responsibility.
• Collaborate across practice groups and across offices.
• Have opportunities for advancement in a collegial environment.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a bachelor’s or advanced degree in a Biotechnology or Life Sciences field.
• Have at least 4 years of experience with domestic and foreign patent prosecution and counseling.
• Have prior transactional due diligence experience.
• Excel in a team environment.
• Demonstrate a keen interest in developing and implementing relationship building skills both internally and externally.
• Have experiences that prepare them to work with attorneys, staff and clients from cultures and backgrounds different from their own.
• Be highly motivated and a self-starter.
• Possess strong business skills.
• Be flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic environment.
• Have excellent written and oral communication, as well as analytical skills.
• Have excellent law school credentials and references.
Our attorneys enjoy:
• Quality benefit programs.
• Workplace flexibility.
• One-on-One Career coaching.
Please include: a resume listing all significant and relevant experiences, cover letter, law school transcript, references and a writing sample.