At Axiom, it’s never “business as usual.” We’re a dynamic team made up of entrepreneurial, innovative, and fresh-thinking people.
We are a recognized leader in the business of law and the world’s largest and fastest growing provider of tech-enabled legal services. With over 2,000 (and growing) mission-driven lawyers globally, we get a nerdy excitement for transforming the way that legal, compliance, and contracts work is done.
We’re seeking a Life Sciences Lawyer to join our Chicago office. Our lawyers are responsible for helping our clients solve exciting business challenges in the legal departments of some of the world’s largest companies. Join us on our mission to change the future of law.
Specifically, you will:
- Work side-by-side with the legal and business teams of our F500 clients to help internal stakeholders meet company goals
- Gain exposure to and advise on highly sophisticated legal and business matters
- Enjoy a variety of work among a diverse client base
- Experience flexibility in your practice, with the option to work full-time or part-time, either on-site with a client or remotely from a home office
- Have access to a full suite of benefits including paid time off, healthcare and professional development resources
Ideal candidate & requirements:
- A fresh approach to practicing law and a passion for working with clients
- At least 5years of experience at a top law firm and excellent academic credentials; in-house experiencepreferred
- Practice area focus on healthcare/life sciences transactional or regulatory matters
- Experiencewith R&D support (e.g. clinical trial and associate clinical agreements, co-development agreements, licensing agreements)
- Active membership and good standing in at least one state bar
- An interest in and understanding of commercial and business matters
- Experienceworking with and advising business clients directly, as well as providing guidance and practical solutions
They said it
The Financial Times ranked Axiom #1 in business of law, #1 in innovation in corporate strategy and #1 in innovation in law firm efficiency, while The New York Times said Axiom is “rewriting the law firm business model.”
At Axiom we celebrate being different, we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a diverse workforce.