The Sr. Project Manager’s responsibilities will cover planning, organizing and supervising all aspects of projects for supplying capital equipment to research facilities, and pharmaceutical companies.
Additional responsibilities include being the direct liaison between the customer, sales, factory and operational personnel. Provide pre-order consultation and support for Requests for Quotations, (RFQs), bid documents and contracts.
Coordinate dissemination of all information and assure that project is built to customer specifications and within budget. Prepare, issue, and gain approval of submittals and final manuals. Overall responsibility for start-up and follow through to sign off. Resolve issues as they develop. Initiate and maintain project records, files, databases and schedules. Visit customers and field installations when required.
It is expected that the Senior Project Manager has mastered project management skills and has demonstrated above average understanding of the project life cycle concept, exceptional multi-tasking skills and ability to offer guidance and direction to the project management team as a leader by driving, supporting, and contributing to developing strategies processes.
- Provide pre-order consulting and support to Sales Operations. Among other duties, this may include consultation and responses to RFQs, bid documents and contracts technical review, equipment layout, and pricing and proposal preparation for the full product line.
- Perform project related functions, as related to respective process equipment, comprising of coordination of all phases required to effectively execute a project, inclusive of kick-off meetings, submittal preparation, issue, tracking and acceptance, project documentations and status updates while acting as customer liaison. Also responsible for coordinating Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), shipping/delivery and installation, start-up and commissioning, final documentation, and resolution of closeout issues.
- Work independently with little or no supervision making decisions as related to proper project execution, included but not limited to specification compliance and system design efficacy. Interact directly with project stakeholders including customers, architects/engineers, vendors and internal personal to assure successful completion of project deliverables and scope within time, budgetary and quality constraints.
- Senior Project Managers may be called upon to mentor new hires.
- Engage in implementation of new and or changed processes, and assess internal processes for improvements. This will include evaluation and implementation of PM software and future upgrades.
- Review contract for scope and deliverable acceptability and resolve implementation concerns.
- Support field sales personnel with multi-product proposals and work with applications engineers to coordinate room layouts and utility information, pre-order to assure consistency post order.
- Support PM team as consultant and liaison between Sales and SSC on high-end/complex projects.
- Participate in weekly project opps calls encompassing all related products. Participate and contribute in bi-weekly Project Resources staff meetings.
- Maintain accurate schedules and archives in project management tool and backlog.
- Prepare and track and gain approvals for submittals, coordinate changes, manage issues, identify and mitigate risks, plan and update activities through project management tool.
- Accompany customers on factory visits, sometimes requiring trips abroad. Execute FAT when necessary.
- Visit job-sites and attend job-site meetings as technical and logistical representative of the company.
- Prepare final manuals and assure proper distribution.
- Track internal and external closeout of projects and authorize archiving.
- Validate project order documentation at project initiation.
- Assist customers, sales reps, department managers, and field personnel as needed with technical documentation and or information for current and past projects.
- When applicable, manage company and strategy related projects apart from “project” order business.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in related technical or business field
- PMI certification required
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of process equipment and operation of LS product lines.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience and/or field salesexperience in related field.
- Familiarity in preparation of proposals and bid documents.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, piping and instrumentation drawings, electrical schematics, utility demands, and functional specifications
- Must be able to interpret and manipulate data from computer-generated reports, software programs, technical manuals and written correspondence.
- Must have demonstrated experience with, MS Office Suite, MS Project and other related desktop computing competencies.
- Participation in industry associations, i.e.; PMI, AALAS., AAMI