The Business Development Executive is a limited portfolio seller, focused on a specific solution set, and aligned to our Life Sciences Group partner relationships. This individual will have assigned territories and will be responsible for solution growth with all clients in their territory. Partner Specialists work in an overlay capacity with Account Developers and Account Managers in existing clients, but also have the responsibility to open new client relationships.
Reporting to Senior Management, you will be accountable for generating business of $2-5M+ revenue per year.
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with key clients and have full command of their business model, application landscape and how Perficient solutions deliver value.
- Manage and execute the entire end-to-end selling process, working closely with the Perficient delivery team (initial lead inquiry, qualification of opportunities, requirements gathering, project scope definition, effort estimation, proposal development, SOW creation, contract negotiation and closing).
- Develop and manage key relationships with Life Science Industry clients and Partner Alliance personnel to drive additional new business and provide proper communication on account activity.
- Leads and manages customer engagement opportunities from lead generation, to deal review, to negotiations and closing a deal.
- Ability to travel to client sites where needed (up to 50% travel).
- 10+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience within Life Sciences companies.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding revenue objectives in complex solutions environment at Fortune 500 clients (preferably Life Sciences clients).
- Knowledge of/experience with structured sales methodologies, e.g., Strategic Selling, Solution Selling, SPIN, Power based Selling, Target Account Selling.
- Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and listening skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team-building skills.