The distribution of life insurance and annuity solutions to the RIA marketplace is an important part of the growth strategy for TIAA-CREF Life Insurance Company (TIAA Life). RIA – Life Wholesaler position will be responsible for developing new relationships and maintaining existing relationships with RIA Firms in their region with the goal of increasing the use of TIAA Life solutions to solve their client’s needs. This candidate will travel and ‘own’ the assigned firms within their region. This person will work as part of a small team and will be the face of TIAA Life Insurance Company to the Firms and their clients. They will serve as the point of contact for a variety of tasks. This individual needs to be extremely responsive, technically competent, have a great attitude, and be able to build productive long-term business relationships. The RIA – Life Wholesaler is responsible for sales and support of our life insurance and annuity solutions in their assigned regions. They partner with their Internal Insurance Consultant at a regional level and share similar goals and scorecard metrics.
- Manage existing RIA relationships and develop new RIA relationships and distribution opportunities for all TIAA life Insurance Company solutions within an assigned region
- Responsible for growing/increasing the usage of TIAA Life insurance and annuity solutions through a distinctive experience that leverages the unique value proposition of the TIAA Life.
- Manages relationships, provides coaching and education with the goal of developing first call status for all insurance needs.
- Attends client meetings with Financial Advisors to deliver expert level knowledge on solutions and the benefits of integration
- Competitive analysis – be able to understand and present the best competitive positioning of our products. Will require running illustrations, analyzing, and reviewing outside carrier data.
- Ability to quickly build relationships with all levels of the firms from their owners, their advisors or support staff.
- Provides key input and feedback towards product development and distribution
- Responsible for maintaining pipeline and activities through CRM
- Constantly think about how to identity new opportunities for increasing sales
- Participate in and contribute to call campaigns
- Develop and present webcasts on various topics for training purposes (from product to illustrations to processes)
- Assist with product technical questions, give advice on product funding, explain moving pieces of the products, etc.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals, deadlines and performance expectations
- Identifies productivity increases, best practices and shares with team to scale successes
- Develops and maintains a good understanding of TIAA’s competitors within the territory and addresses response strategies
- Incorporates TIAA’s overall strategy and approach while developing tactical plans and goals for the territory
- Bachelor’s degree is required and additional industry designations are preferred (CLU, CHFC,CFP)
- Series 6 or7 and 63, are required. Must comply with all regulatory requirements and remain in good standing
- State Insurance Licensing required
- Minimum 10+ years of experience working in a life insurance/financial services organization
- Minimum 10+ years of experience selling/wholesaling life Insurance and annuities
- Minimum 10+ years of experience working with high-net-worth clients
- Must live in assigned territory
- Ability to travel 60-80% of the time to clients
- Experience working with illustrations and knowledge of advanced marketing concepts
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce and Excel
- Solid time management and organizational skills are required
- Superior public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client face-to-face relationship building skills
- Experience working within the RIA marketplace and an understanding of fee-based and fee-only business models.
- Ability to buildand cultivate strong working relationships in a cross channel environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills to communicate complicated financial concepts in a manner a client can understand and appreciate