Life Health Product Manager
As the Product Manager in the Life/Health Division at COUNTRY Financial, you will be involved with every aspect of our life, health and annuity products through collaboration with relevant departments including underwriting, claims, marketing, policy service, agency and training. You will collaborate with groups across the organization to help develop and position our life, health and annuity products for growth in meeting our customer's financial security needs.
- Drives the successful development of new products and the effective management of inforce products by making recommendations regarding product design, pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, claims and other processes, through a deep understanding of all aspects of Life, Health and Annuity product portfolio and the competitive environment.
- Participates in measurement, communication and driving understanding of product growth and profitability results within assigned products.
- Oversees the filing of life, health and annuity rates and forms.
- Primary communicator of the life narrative, resulting in substantial collaboration with marketing, training, communication and agency, including Agency Vice Presidents on growth management action plans.
- Leads and supports product line growth through delivery of product rollout meetings, identifying promotional opportunities, and assists in the creation of sales training.
- Provides leadership for staff of analysts by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Strong initiative.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence others.
- Strong understanding of life, health and annuity products.
- Understanding of MLEA is beneficial.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of financial services experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 6 years of financial services experience OR,
- At least 10 years of financial services experience.
- And at least 2 years of management experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.