Not Specified years
Posted 264 days ago
Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
LIFE Geisinger (Living Independently for Elders) is recognized by the state of Pennsylvania and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as a PACE provider.
The LIFE Geisinger program is a unique and innovative program for older adults designed to give them the support they need to live independently. The LIFE Geisinger Program can help participants live at home, while taking advantage of our comprehensive daily living and health services.
Our physician leader provides direct patient care to program participants as part of an interdisciplinary team. The physician, who acts as team leader, sees and treats patients/participants in our day center as well as other settings, including nursing homes, hospitals and patient’s homes. In addition, the physician participates in on-call phone coverage for the LIFE Geisinger program after hours.
This position requires current knowledge of chronic care treatment and health maintenance, as well as strong relationship building skills with fellow physicians and health care providers. Candidate should demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and cognitive skills and the ability to coordinate and facilitate teamwork and interdisciplinary groups.
· Graduate of an accredited school of medicine, board certified in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Geriatrics.
· Fellowship training or Certificate of Added Qualifications in Geriatrics preferred.
· Current license to practice medicine in PA, DEA number, valid PA driver’s license, maintenance of Board Certification in IM/Geriatrics/FP as applicable.
· Proven clinical leadership skills.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Capacity for self-directed learning.
At Geisinger, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on your patients’ lives with:
- 40 minutes appointments for our elderly patient population.
- Daily huddles with all care team members to review essential information about schedules, patients, resource needs and coordination of care.
- Pharmacists to assist with patient education and medication management
- Care managers, health managers clinic health associates and coding educators are available to patients and providers.
- Increased access to care by means of eVisits, patient portals, Geisinger’s Careworks urgent care clinics and even text messaging..