As the Senior Manager of Strategy for Life Fitness, you will work to develop strategic plans for the overall business. In this role, you will partner as an internal consultant, interfacing with business units and functions to review existing business plans, solicit input, and lead the development of strategic business plans, while bringing an objective, third-party view of the market into the planning process.
The Senior Manager of Strategy will be in charge of market intelligence, competitive intelligence and trend analysis, and will work with and through other managers across the organization to develop winning plans and programs to grow revenues and profits.
- Develop a market and competitive intelligence capability
- Identify major changes in the environment, customer base, technology, or competition, and recommending company responses
- Conduct continual market research and relay pertinent findings to top management
- Oversee the development of the core fact base upon which the business will base its strategic decisions
- Assess new markets, and analyze business opportunities
- Provide the financial analysis and modeling to assess resource and investment alternatives
- Author the strategic plan and lead the strategic planning process including interfacing with division and corporate leadership throughout
- Facilitate communication of the company strategy across the organization
- Work closely with executive management to develop communications for Corporate Leadership, the Board of Directors, and the investor community
- Drive special projects, as assigned by the Vice President and/or Division President
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- Relevant strategy consultingexperience (strongly preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of: global market analysis, strategic marketing, sales, operations (required)
- 5+ years of relevant, progressively responsibleexperience (required)
- Proven ability to present information at the executive/board-level and interface at all levels of an organization (required)
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to operate with both a strategic and a quantitative perspective (required)
- Proven ability to build relationships and work well in a collabortive, team-oriented environment (required)
- Proven ability to manage through influence and generate buy-in (required)
- Integrity and commitment to quality (required)
ABOUT LIFE FITNESS
Life Fitness, a division of Brunswick Corporation, is the global leader in the fitness industry. Our mission is to provide solutions that get the world moving and help people lead active and healthy lives. Since 1977, we have been designing and manufacturing cutting-edge, best-in-class fitness products for commercial facilities and home use. We have something for everyone with innovative cardio, strength, and group training products including treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical cross-trainers, rowers, and weight and group training equipment. We operate under the brands Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group, SCIFIT and Brunswick Billiards.