The Senior Manager of Customer Service and Support (CSS) Operations will lead, direct, and manage the day to day operations of the Contact Center Teams. The Senior Manager will drive customer satisfaction by aligning customer experience with company business objectives. The leader of the CSS team for the Americas will be expected to monitor customer contacts and manage departmental resources to consistently exceed service level expectations, facilitating effective and efficient customer service. The Senior Manager will analyze data, draw conclusions from the data to develop, and execute on action plans to drive improvement of key performance metrics. In addition to leading the successful execution of service projects leveraging LeanSix Sigma (LSS) initiatives, mentoring project managers, and achieving business results, the Senior Manager will be responsible for cultivating a positive departmental culture of collaboration, growth, accountability, and high-achievement.
What is the Sr. Manager CSS Operations Responsible For?
Customer-Oriented, Quality-Focused, Continuous Learning & Process Improvement
- Serving as the point of contact for escalated internal and external complaints; providing same-day responses (when applicable) with timely solutions to resolve issue and restore the customer’s faith in the organization
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
Operations Management, Strategic Decision Making, & Execution
- Setting contact center operational strategies through conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Maintaining and improving contact center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving issues; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
- Meeting contact center financial objectives by estimating requirements managing OPEX; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Preparing contact center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
Coaching, Leading, & Developing a Team
- Assessing, coaching, and developing the CSS team to maximize performance and growth
- Developing and maintaining an environment that fosters a high-performance culture, learning, and continuous improvement organization
- Collaborating with Human Resources to recruit and hire new CSS employees. Ensure necessary training is provided.
- Providing timely and accurate feedback regarding performance of operation. Evaluating and measuring team’s performance and processes. Making recommendations for areas needing improvement
- Providing strong leadership guidance and direction to the CSS supervisors and management team to ensure the goals of the departments are met.
- Ensuring Employee Training and Development objectives are identified and delivered timely.
- Developing and managing reward and recognition programs to recognize employees for outstanding performance each quarter.
Communication & Relationship-Building
- Establishing and effectively communicating goals and objectives that contribute to increased customer satisfaction and profitable departmental growth
- Developing a communication plan and facilitating communication on an established cadence (e.g. Monthly Meetings, Quarterly Departmental / All Employee Town Hall updates, etc.)
- Provide ASBU State of Business report to Global VP of Service monthly
What are we looking for in you (Qualifications)?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field required
- Continuous Improvement Mindset with LeanSix Sigma Black or Green Belt Certification highly preferred
- 7+ years of experience leading a customer support function
- Experience using ORACLE preferred or other Enterprise (ERP) platform
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills; ability to work cross-functionally with other leaders on sensitive issues; ability to work collaboratively, inspire high-performance, and influence effectively at all levels of an organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Skilled in Process Analysis (SIPOC, LeanSix Sigma, Kaizen) and data / statistical analysis (hypothesis testing, regression analysis, data distributions, sampling techniques, confidence intervals) to make strategic and tactical business decisions
- Able to create and work with databases and reporting tools
- Proven leadership skills with a keen ability to lead change through understanding change motivators, conducting stakeholder analysis, effectively communicating, team building, and calmly handling conflict
- Enjoys and has the proven ability to develop people, provide coaching, and effectively build teams, both local and remote
- Proven analytical, customer service, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Detail-oriented with strong organization, time management, & multi-tasking skills
- Combines initiative with professional discipline to accomplish difficult tasks through others; High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals and demonstrates a keen desire to continually learn and grow fueled by successes
- Lead by example, embodying the organization’s cultural values, and serving as a role model with a consistently positive and proactive attitude (with both external stakeholders-e.g. customers – and internal stakeholders-e.g. employees, coworkers, etc.)
- Able to multitask, operate in a consistently fast-paced environment, and manage multiple priorities; Flexible with an ability to adapt quickly to change, navigate ambiguity, and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Accountable and approachable
- Ability to travel if necessary