About Life Fitness:
Life Fitness, a division of Brunswick Corporation, is the global leader in the fitness industry. Our mission is to provide solutions that get the world moving and help people lead active and healthy lives. Since 1977, we have been designing and manufacturing cutting-edge, best-in-class fitness products for commercial facilities and home use. We have something for everyone with innovative cardio, strength, and group training products including treadmills, exercise bikes, elliptical cross-trainers, rowers, and weight and group training equipment. We operate under the brands Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, Cybex, Indoor Cycling Group, SCIFIT and Brunswick Billiards.
Responsible for the performance of quality functions addressing the manufacturing processes, including Incoming Quality Control, Metrology Lab, and Quality Assurance. Ensure conformity of products to specified quality standards by performing in-process visual, mechanical and electricalinspections and testing. Also responsible for participating throughout the product development cycle to ensure quality is built into new products.
- Directs audit of finished goods and in-process product and practices.
- Reviews rejects and determines responsibility for quality problems.
- Confers with engineering and production to discuss problems and recommend potential corrective action.
- Issues reports pertaining to quality issues of manufactured product.
- Issues product hold orders on products that do not meet safety and/or Company quality requirements.
- Recommend changes in part specifications in order to resolve continued part failures detected in production.
- Analyzes nonconformance reports, in-process audits and packed set audit findings for purposes of initiating corrective action.
- Participates throughout product development lifecycle to ensure quality is built into new products.
- Facilitates ISO 9001 external audits, conducts internal audits, documents findings and resolves findings with correction actions.
- Trains and mentors ISO 9001 Internal auditors
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions.
- 5 - 10+ years of quality, manufacturing, or process improvement experience
- ISO 9001 Audit and system maintenance experience
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) strongly desired
- Oracle Business Intelligence and/or Oracle Quality Module experience strongly desired
- Certified Six SigmaBlack Belt, Green Belt and/or Lean Expert desired
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience
- MBA or Masters in a technical field preferred