Provides leadership to the Manufacturing Engineering department. Identifies opportunities and priorities. Manages other engineers and projects in support of department and Company objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering support function
- Conducts projects utilizing project management skills including process design, projecting time lines, resource allocation and ability to overcome issues.
- Manages the development and production of jigs and fixtures to ensure high quality manufacturing
- Monitors and maintains labor standards and related systems data. Develops and implements alternative manufacturing methods
- Determines manufacturing and vendor capacity constraints
- Participates in new product programs
- Develops program plans and schedules with Design and Production
- Provides analysis of labor, capacity and material costs
- Monitors and reports plant performance results versus plan to identify current or potential problems
- Publishes periodic summary reports
- Participates in manufacturing systems development, recommends changes and enhancements
- Participates on system development teams
- Supervises the Manufacturing Engineers and provides work direction and guidance on projects and/or tasks.
- Prepares and manages the departmental budget
- Member of the safety council and safety system management team
- Performsotherduties as assigned
Minimum of ten years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- B.S. degree in Engineering; MBA preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills