As the Technical ProductDeveloperAssociate, you will support work related to our software console platform and drive major product releases across our connected cardio products. Responsibilities will range from product design, quality testing, creating user stories, market research, troubleshooting, and communications. You will gain expertise in key Technology Product areas and build a foundation of product you will work with Software Engineers, Product Managers, Architects, and Business leaders to analyze data, identify problem areas, build roadmaps and drive functional design & product execution across multiple business units to assist in our API strategy.
Because the objectives of our new team include working with multiple business units, you'll get the opportunity to see different angles of our products and we will show you how to connect APIs to developers and interact with people in various roles and functions to accomplish our goals. You will be working with partners internationally to provide keys to innovative technology that meets the mission requirements of our world renowned team.
As part of this group, you will use existing API’s and manage the architecture of new ones that transform the fitness industry into a complete connected experience. You will utilize your problem solving and critical thinking skills apart from engaging with Engineering & Product leaders supporting different lines of businesses at Life Fitness. Most of our software is Java based with additional competencies: Java, Java script frameworks, SQL, NoSQL, ObjC, Swift, JSON, HTML, CSS, Firebase, Apigee, and Swagger.
• Conduct functional direction on the APIs in focus
• Creating console product definitions or user stories
• Writing PRDs
• Partnering with UX and software development team to execute product releases
• Performing quality testing of the product prior to release
• Working with other groups including Marketing, Software Development, QA, Sales
• Assisting with the creation of wireframes to convey product features and functionality
• Perform data, functional & tech stack analysis to create understandable user stories that address customer issues
• Work with Product team to build roadmap and project plans for technology teams to deliver on.
• Identify risks, issues & drive them to mitigation/resolution as required
• Produce presentations & status reports to keep partners & team members aligned on priorities & deliverables
• Keep open channels of communication amongst all Life Fitness team members
• Experience in project management and software coding
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Deep understanding of UI & JVM technologiespreferred
• Examples of leadership in technical specialties
• Demonstrate ability to learn outside of your area of expertise
Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions