The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Life Cycle Strategy - Capture Manager
Positions business area/organization to capture business and meet objectives. Develops and executes strategies consistent with Strategic Business Unit strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and present to management capture plans using the gated capture process for Pursue/No-Pursue, Bid/No-Bid, and Proposal Approval decisions.
- Manage new business indirect budget for assigned pursuits.
- Orchestrate and/or conduct discussions with decision makes and influencers to inform understanding of the problem and environment, understanding of requirements, risk areas, solution formation and validation.
- Conduct exploratory discussions with acquisition organizations to understand and inform all aspects of the deal. Including both technical and management approaches.
- Orchestrate both internal and external discussions to inform and develop win strategy, value proposition, and strength discriminators of our solutions.
- Partner with technical subject matter experts to identify and solidify solutions that address client mission gaps and challenges.
- Partner with technical leads to influence study efforts to improve position to win on new business capture opportunities.
- Support preparation of the strategic plan in conjunction with Business Development.
- Support customer meetings, conferences, and trade shows.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.