- Maintain high level of field activity. Conduct appointments and training for brokers to generate life insurance sales.
- Advise on case design and assist in the placement of brokers’ cases.
- Create and implement the agency’s Life Brokerage Marketing plan, carry out the plan and coordinate activities associated with the sale of these products within the agency. The plan should include: product and illustration training, underwriting / new business support, meetings / seminars, Continuing Education, target marketing, cross-selling initiatives, etc.
- Track and report activity on a weekly basis to the Life Brokerage Team and General Agent, as well as the leading indicators and the year to date results.
- Evaluate the competitive environment and make recommendations to ensure the agency is positioned to achieve its life brokerage insurance objectives.
- Prepare on an annual basis a professional development plan.
This position reports to the National Sales Director, Life who, in turn, reports to the Vice President, Head of Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to maintain professional and personal productivity and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and build consensus, as well as proven presentation skills.
- Execution Bias
- Market Awareness
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Professional designation such as CLU, ChFC or CFP preferred
- Life and Health License
- 5+ years insurance industry sales experience including 3+ years of brokerage/financial experience.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of sales and relationship building success.
- Other Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop favorable relationships with people from various backgrounds.
- High level on initiative and independence to generate an equivalent sense of urgency and entrepreneurship in the agency.
- Strong desire to develop others and see them succeed through teaching, coaching and supervising. Thorough understanding the mission, values and culture of the agency and the ability to instill them in others.
- In-depth understanding of the agency’s training systems and products to ensure of their proper application in furthering a broker’s business.