With locations across the country, Amica Mutual Insurance Company offers opportunities to join this dynamic field with a financially strong and respected insurance provider. Amica, based in Lincoln, RI, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, offers a full line of life insurance products.
We are recognized as a leader in customer service and credit this success to our 3,700 employees in 44 offices across the country. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more.
Our office in Lincoln, RI is seeking a Life Actuary-Financial Reporting and Modeling who will be responsible for the compilation and analysis of financial/actuarial information for the Life Finance department, ensuring the integrity of reserve systems and financial functions within admin system. The selected candidate will build, maintain and analyze models for cash flow testing, plan projections and ad-hoc financial projections. They will prepare, analyze, and distribute monthly reserves, periodic and ad hoc reports.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to Actuaries and others by performing analysis such as valuation/reserving, model development, research support, and business planning
• Assist in the preparation of reports and studies
• Provide clear communication of technical work to technical and non-technical audiences
• Provide technical assistance and information to other departments
• Career ASA or near FSA
• 5+ Years of life insurance experience
• Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field
• Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills, with the ability to be an innovative thinker and understand the 'big picture'
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical team members
• Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
• High energy, results oriented self-starter with the ability to achieve under tight deadlines in a rewarding and fast-paced environment
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel; other programming skills and MS Access experience may be an asset
• MG-Alfa experience desired