Licensing Manager - Baseball Cards and Memorabilia
Less than 5 years experience • Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
LICENSING MANAGER - BASEBALL CARDS & MEMORABILIA
Manage all aspects of MLBPA-licensed baseball cards and memorabilia categories to maximize MLBPA revenue, protect player rights and reinforce key MLBPA messages
Reports to: Director of Licensing & Business Development
Develop and implement annual business plans for MLBPA’s baseball cards and memorabilia business categories.
1. Define category objectives including financial projections
2. Identify market trends and retail opportunities
3. Analyze current and potential licensee strengths and weaknesses
4. Construct strategic and tactical recommendations
Effectively negotiate with licensees, retailers and other business partners.
1. Secure favorable contractual terms while fostering positive relationships
2. Draft license agreements and amendments to reflect agreed upon terms in a timely manner
Administer the MLBPA approval process.
1. Monitor product, packaging and marketing materials to enforce proper use of rights and marks
2. Respond to licensee approval submissions to ensure product development deadlines are met
Monitor and analyze financialreporting and payments.
1. Verify accuracy of royalty reports
2. Ensure timeliness of all financialobligations
3. Corroborate with accounting on financialreporting
4. Prepare quarterly and annual forecasts
Ensure licensee compliance with License Agreement terms and conditions.
Frequent communication with licensees, distributors and hobby shops.
1. Minimum of 2 years related work experience
2. Bachelor’s degree, with excellent academic credentials.
3. Energetic, intelligent individual with excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Strategic thinker with sound analytical and negotiation skills.
5. Detailed-oriented, multi-tasker with positive “can do” attitude.
6. Strong knowledge of Major League baseball players.
7. Comprehensive understanding of baseball card and autographed memorabilia businesses.
8. Excellent in using Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, WORD; familiarity with royalty reporting administration system software.