We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
As a Licensing Counsel at Citrix you will provide full-time, legal support for Enterprise Sales for North America and will report into the Senior Associate General Counsel for North America. You will be responsible for the drafting and front-line negotiation of complex enterprise product and service agreements with Citrix's largest North American customers. You will work directly with the Citrix legal team and Enterprise Sales daily, assessing Citrix needs, creating a negotiation strategy, and execution of that strategy promptly. This role requires maintaining a sharp focus on legal practices and sales activities and implementing continuous process improvements to shorten deal closure time. It is important that you foster legal team spirit and work closely with other team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, draft and prepare enterprise agreements for the licensing and/or sale of SaaS, software and hardware offerings. Must be capable of reviewing and redlining customer templates where it is not possible to work off our templates. Negotiations will usually be conducted via telephone or electronically.
- Must possess SaaS industry knowledge, particularly as to SaaS sales terms and practices.
- Must maintain compliance with anti-trust, privacy, data-security, and revenue recognition rules and Citrix policies and procedures.
- Obtain required approvals for non-standard contractual terms through appropriate departments
- Produce excellent quality work, using creativity and flexibility that reduces the number of cycles needed to get Citrix and its customers to agreement quickly and efficiently, yet protects the company's intellectual property and rights and manage risk
- Provide sound, thoughtful, responsive legal interpretations of customer agreements as requested by Sales or other departments. Need to understand complex contractual and business issues, assess risk and provide concise business-focused legal advice to internal clients, with clear explanations and risk assessments
- Earn the trust and respect of Sales, Revenue Operations and customers with clear, respectful, timely communication, and unquestionable integrity. This includes being articulate, diplomatic, approachable and possessing good business and personal judgment
- Prioritize assignments effectively to provide excellent client service, by continuous communication with clients and Legal Department management
- Maintain a proactive approach to legal issue identification, planning and closure, keeping clients and Legal Department management informed of progress and issues requiring management's direct involvement
- Focus on the design, implementation and effectiveness of the contracting process with the goal of making continuous process improvements
- Train and guide clients within Citrix to help them understand and comply with the law, as well as corporate and Legal Department processes and policies
- Maintain alignment with corporate and Legal Department directives, objectives and processes.
- Respond effectively and quickly to contract-based questions from all departments throughout company in a time sensitive manner
- Take on Legal Department projects with energy, and work with Legal Department management and other team members to refine the objectives and deliver excellent results.
- Coordinate activities with Legal Department counterparts in other geographies.
- Works efficiently and independently with little administrative support
- Embrace change in the organization and the role, working collaboratively to ensure our clients receive excellent support and service
- Excellent attention to detail, superior oral and written communication skills, well-honed analytical skills and project management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, problem solver, team player with the ability to drive multiple projects, often timesensitive, identify and resolve issues, and earn the confidence and cooperation of business leaders and legal colleagues
- Able to multi-task, work independently and are effective in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
- Has extensive knowledge of technology contracts construction, revenue recognition principles, business law, and seeks opportunities for continuous learning. Maintains awareness of industry trends and marketplace changes
- 10 years of law firm and/or in-house public company experience required with a minimum of 5 years of in-house experience in a SaaS service provider focused on SaaS commercial transactions.
- Excellent enterprise sales negotiation skills are required.
- Hands-on experience drafting, negotiating and managing all aspects of enterprise SaaS sales deals, including, but not limited to, data privacy and security terms.
- J.D. from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA). License to practice law and in good standing with one or more states.
- Must be available to travel to Legal Department and Enterprise Sales quarterly business reviews.
What you're looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It's a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you're driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employeesto do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Commercial CounselAbout us: