- This position provides medically necessary mental health treatment services includingassessment, program design, monitoring and supervision to children and adolescents experiencing social, emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates behavioral and emotional issues of children and adolescents and develops specific behavior modification treatment plan.
- Provides individual, family, and group counseling under direction of an appropriate clinicalsupervisor as required and in accordance with the clients’ individualized treatment plan.
- Conducts psycho-educational assessments under the direction of an appropriate clinical supervisor.
- Observes and documents treatment interventions, behavior and client progression.
- Assists with direct supervision of clients and interacts therapeutically as required.
- Supervises practicum students as appropriate.
- Provides outreach workshops and lectures.
- Acts as a liaison between client and community resources as needed.
- Interprets treatment objectives and assists treatment staff to provide integrated services.
- Participates in conferences for the discussion of behavior, diagnosis and client progression as a member of the treatment planning team.
- Develops treatment plans and treatment plan updates.
- Participates in data collection, monitoring, and evaluation activities for the performance improvement program.
- Develops and maintains a current list of resources that includes self-help and self-support groups to ensure comprehensive services to the clients and their families.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with current practices and meet guidelines as outlined by licensing and referral agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local licensing requirements and reporting procedures.
- Identifies and pursues in-service and continuing educational needs, suggests general training needs for the facility and submits suggestions for training to appropriate supervisory and administrative staff members.
- Attends staff meetings and conferences.
- Supports the company’s philosophy, mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Support and promotes the Sanctuary Model and its Commitments.
- Performs other duties as required
- Master’s degree in human services field. PH.D. in counseling-related field preferred.
- State licensing as Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- Two (2) years related experienceworking with children and adolescents with mental health problems and their families that includes assessment and counseling.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply basic math skill concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Criminal clearances
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam
- Valid insured registered vehicle
- Valid driver's license.