Seko Logistics, an industry leader in supply chain management, is seeking to fill a Full-Time Licensed Customs Brokerage Manager position at its Liverpool, NY location. The successful applicant for this position will become a member of engaging problem-solvers who are dedicated to delivering new and innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Hands-On Daily Operational Functions
- Oversee and Supervise Brokerage Department
- Assist with Daily Import Transportation Operations & Functions
- Follow and Comply with US Regulations Laws and Guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all government agencies (FDA, USDA, DOT, F&W, ADD/CVD) while applying it to the ACE interfaces to facilitate the necessary releases
- Determine and verify HTS codes based on information supplied and/or information researched per the guidelines of the harmonized tariff book, US Notes, rulings, general rules of interpretation and other Customs supporting references
- Maintain and manage Power of Attorney records and Customs bonds for various importers
- Manage and transmit Duty authorization
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to import and transportation departments
- Determine cost effective solutions for brokerage and transportation services based on circumstance, customer need, deadlines, etc.
- Perform routine audits on ISF and entry transactions along with billing charges
- Review bookings and pre-alerts for errors and to be able to pro-actively inquire about further information required for pending import arrivals
- Monitor and distribute ISF and Entries to be worked or transmitted based on timelines
- Respond timely and factually to CBP requests and inquiries
- Provide guidance to customer inquiries derived from various Customs and Corporate references along with transportationexperience
- Ensure documentation compliance on all aspects of imports
- Maintain and ensure proper recordkeeping per US Regulations
The successful candidate for this position will be a Licensed US Customs Broker. A Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) plus years’ experience in supply chain and/or Import Brokerage and Transportation a must. Candidate must possess high integrity along with excellent communication and people skills.