Seko Logistics, an industry leader in supply chain management, is seeking to fill a Full-Time Licensed Customs Brokerage Manager position at its Kent, Washington location. The successful applicant for this position will become a member of engaging problem-solvers who are dedicated to delivering new and innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Hands-On Daily Operational Functions
- Oversee and Supervise Brokerage Department
- Assist with Daily Import Transportation Operations & Functions
- Follow and Comply with US Regulations Laws and Guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all government agencies (FDA, USDA, DOT, F&W, ADD/CVD) while applying it to the ACE interfaces to facilitate the necessary releases
- Determine and verify HTS codes based on information supplied and/or information researched per the guidelines of the harmonized tariff book, US Notes, rulings, general rules of interpretation and other Customs supporting references
- Maintain and manage Power of Attorney records and Customs bonds for various importers
- Manage and transmit Duty authorization
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to import and transportation departments
- Determine cost effective solutions for brokerage and transportation services based on circumstance, customer need, deadlines, etc.
- Perform routine audits on ISF and entry transactions along with billing charges
- Review bookings and pre-alerts for errors and to be able to pro-actively inquire about further information required for pending import arrivals
- Monitor and distribute ISF and Entries to be worked or transmitted based on timelines
- Respond timely and factually to CBP requests and inquiries
- Provide guidance to customer inquiries derived from various Customs and Corporate references along with transportationexperience
- Ensure documentation compliance on all aspects of imports
- Maintain and ensure proper recordkeeping per US Regulations
- Licensed US Customs Broker
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supply chain and/or Import Brokerage and Transportation
- High integrity along with excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to work weekends when needed
This position is a full-time, weekday opportunity in an excellent office environment. Paid holidays, benefits and 401(k) are included. Salary is dependent upon experience.
SEKO is an equal opportunity employer and its policy is to promote equal employment opportunity. This means SEKO will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, mental or physical disability, or any other status protected by law.