Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care is the leading home health and hospice provider in the Santa Barbara area, meeting the changing healthcare needs of our community since 1908.
Our mission is to provide high quality home health, hospice and related services to promote the health and well-being of all community residents including those unable to pay. As we grow and enhance our services, we are looking for top-quality individuals to help continue our legacy of excellence and our commitment to the community.
We are currently offering exciting opportunities to become a part of our committed team of skilled professionals in beautiful Santa Barbara County.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Strategic Business Advancement, the liaison will be an integral member of the Business Development team and will endeavor to increase VNHC’s revenue and reputation by building strong relationships, providing education, and facilitating successful patient referrals. Respects and promotes the mission, vision, and values of Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meet or exceed annual admission goals.
2. Facilitates referrals to home health, hospice, and personal care services.
a. Evaluates potential patients for their appropriateness and eligibility for VNHC services, and educate them about these services. Assess the patient’s home situation, current needs, and any psychosocial factors relevant to the plan of care.
b. Works with physicians, discharge planners, case managers, and other facility staff to obtain required information to facilitate referral and safe, appropriate discharge.
c. Coordinates referral with appropriate VNHC staff to ensure timely response, admission, and/or follow up with referral source.
d. Establishes and maintains lines of communication among patient/family, referral sources, and VNHC.
e. Follows policies & procedures of facilities, as required.
f. Follows Business Development protocols and complete all referral and activity reports, as assigned.
3. Represents the organization articulately and effectively to all stakeholders, with particular focus on strengthening relationships and increasing awareness of VNHC services to promote ongoing business development.
4. Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of VNHC’s programs and services and provide ongoing education to referral sources and the community.
5. Maintains high standards of customer service at all times, with particular focus on responsiveness and facilitating solutions.
6. Successfully manages account assignments through good time management and high standards of quality.
7. Works in partnership with all constituents (internal and external) to improve processes that increase referrals and improve customer satisfaction.
8. Strengthens the Business Development team through personal commitment and actions as a supportive team member.
9. Acts in a fiscally responsible manner.
10. Follows Business Development protocols, effectively use department tools, and attend agency meetings.
11. Upholds VNHC’s core values and follows organization policies and requirements.
12. Maintains professional skills and technology tools.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description. All staff are expected to participate as needed in variable shifts, including weekend rotation per staffing needs and departmental holiday rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Nursing, and/or related field preferred.
- Experience in home health, hospice, personal care services highly desired.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a healthcare liaison and/or sales or marketing professional, or equivalent preferred.
4. Licensed driver with insured automobile - in accordance with state and/or organization requirements.
- Passionate about VNHC’s mission and upholds the agency’s core values of compassion, integrity, teamwork, and excellence.
- Self-starter who is organized, high-energy, and motivated to meet and/or exceed goals.
- Demonstrates ability to engender trust and be persuasive in facilitating referrals and/or closing deals in mutually-beneficial relationships.
- Upholds strong customer service by focusing on responsive, collaborative, and sustainable solutions.
- Enjoys interacting with patients, families, and medical professionals.
- Stays flexible yet focused and respectful in challenging situations.
- Has highly developed oral, written, and presentation communication skills, and has charisma to project and promote the organization.
- Maintains high professional standards in appearance, conduct, and work product.
- Self-directed and requires minimal supervision.
- Strong information technology skills.
- Able to juggle a variety of tasks, clearly define priorities, and manage time efficiently.