About the Role
Premier provider of global claims services with the expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way seeks a dedicated commercial transportation claims professional to join their team in a remote role.
The Liability Claims Adjuster Lead investigates, evaluates, disposes, and settles claims at the highest level of liability limits and highest exposures. Includes the investigation, determination, and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages, and the setting of proper reserves.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action, and to appropriately settle the claim
- Processes claims consistent with clients’ and corporate policies, procedures, and “best practices” and also in accordance with any statutory, regulatory, and ethics requirements
- Independently able to comply with carrier reporting requirements; actively monitors carrier reporting thresholds and able to properly report those files reaching thresholds to the carrier
Skills & Experience
- Juris Doctorate (JD) desired
- 7 or more years of transportation claims experience required
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and embrace new challenges
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of serious claims including the ability to interpret related documentation
Compensation, Benefits, & Perks
$80 to $100k. Benefits, including medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours, training programs, matching gift program, and more.