Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 36 days ago
This position, “Lead Incident Manager" chips in and grants a superb career opportunity by owning and driving the activities related to the Major Incident Management (IcM) process for Citi’s franchise critical applications and services. You collaborate directly by leading, commanding, and controlling major incidents where financial, reputation, and/or legal/regulatory impact to Citi is at risk.
How do we make a difference? By understanding Citi's lines of business including customer segment and franchise critical services and developing a keen understanding of the applications and infrastructure components that support those business and service functions, making our group a valuable contributor for the organization by minimizing impact and time to restore business services.
You will set up the means to resolve unplanned service interruption and restore services as rapidly as possible and driving all activities to make that occur. We as a group ensure that the appropriate communications are sent to senior management keeping them advised of the incident and of the client impact.
Will you be making important and meaningful decisions in this role that will have positive impact in Citi?
Yes! That is a constant in our group, you will show the team your extensive major/enterprise incident management experience and/or a deep and wide understanding/knowledge of the organization businesses, to influence elite ‘specialists’ in multiple disciplines and areas of expertise (business and/or platform aligned) to drive actions to quickly remediate services.
As an associate, You need to also count with superior knowledge and experience working with a wide-range of enterprise technologies, such as distributed services (server and database), network, mainframe, middleware (message queues, ESBs), storage, web architecture, and virtualization.
You will be a valuable associate and lead the continue evolution as part of our team and will challenge yourself to develop rock solid Incident Management functions, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and “industry-best” customer service.
What do we need from our partners fitting this position?
Along with the valuable individuals in our squad, you as a skillful man/woman associate are responsible for leading core and management activities and procedures with high quality and service attitude. Some of the specific daily tasks that the Senior Incident Manager is engaged with:
- Triage all the appropriate support teams for expedite troubleshooting within a technical bridge and business bridges
- Ensuring that the right incident roles are being covered.
- Executive summaries for Director levels to Summarize on Critical and High Priority Major Incidents
- Master priority determination based on extracted information and impacts
- Sensitive to future impact and risk to customers/stakeholders to triage and settle severity
- Act as leader to have general oversight on regional Major Incident events
- Lead L1 and L2 activities and master each of its tasks.
- Leading and Conduct Major Incidents with High Priority
- Providing status of the situation anytime a senior request arise and explain at technical and business level.
- Provide and document input for Root Cause Analysis
- Handle and deal with Executive calls
- Having executive representation whenever needed on Huddles and Staff sessions
- Running Senior interaction at any level and challenge handling
The ideal associate for our agile family of experts needs to know about:
- Enterprise incident control experience across several IT disciplines
- A fundamental understanding of Citi’s lines of business with a main focus of the institutional clients group / markets
- Diverse knowledge of transactional banking preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with a wide-range of enterprise technologies, including but not limited to Distributed services (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, AS400, etc…), SQL and Oracle database architecture, Network infrastructure, Telephony infrastructure, Mainframe hardware and platforms, Middleware, Storage, cloud-based file sharing, Proxy servers, web architecture and various virtualization infrastructure.
- Enterprise Service Management (ESM) platforms such as ServiceNow
Some of the top abilities you'll need are:
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Reasoning
- Problem Solving
- Leadership – Capacity, Capability, and Competency (“Leaders inspire other to take action”)
- Commanding presence
- Active and Agile Listening
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude while being aggressive
- Ability and confidence to act with decisiveness on critical decisions
- Exercise influence over a wide variety of individuals at all levels of technical & business leadership
- Ability to multi-task and make good judgments in a dynamic, high stress environment.
- Ability to challenge information if the response does not fit the situation
- Excellent telephone, oral communication skills, strong written English
- Good interpersonal & relationship building
- Ability to learn and develop quickly.
- Shift oriented resulting in work across one or more shifts in a 24x7x365 operational team
- Lead support teams to address and resolve outages
- Collaborate with local, regional, and global family of partner incident managers to share knowledge of people, process, and technology.
- Ensure all Incidents are accurately documented within ServiceNow records.
- Continuous process improvement while increasing service quality.
- Enthusiastically find opportunities for improving Our process “Faster, Better, Cheaper”
- Help establish, cultivate, and grow nurturing relationships with global business and technology organizations
- Increase technology, business unit, and organizational knowledge year over year.
- Help build close relationships with Service Assurance teams such as Problem Management
- Strong formation in running incidents / situations / crisis events in a large, complex enterprise environment
- Wide technical experience – preferably in leadership or a domain expert contributor role in an application support or infrastructure organization
- Well-trained specialist working in a proficient environment
- Experienced on interacting with a demanding customer focused service delivery organization
- Demonstrable understanding of ITIL methodology and demonstrated proficient in the ITIL v3 framework
- Industry recognized trouble shooting methodology to be able to ask the right questions
- Experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) for large enterprises
- University undergraduate BS/BA degree preferred
- ITIL v3 Certification(s)
- Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese a significant plus
- Military Service a significant plus