Automation/Controls Engineer (Level 2) will Identify and solve problems, utilizing the concepts of tools and computer-based systems to help with the continuous improvement problem-solving process to reduce variation and improve reliability.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Perform back-ups of Level 2 application servers and data servers with an automated backup strategy
- Support and develop web pages and database tables
- Ensure and optimize availability, performance, and quality of Steel Mill Process Line Level 2 systems
- Maintain catalog and organize all server software and licenses
- Support changes to HMI's (as required)
- Perform network connectivity support
- Maintain Level I & II user accounts
- Work with production and electrical departments
- Design, implement, and test changes to Steel Mill Process (software, databases, servers, and HMI systems)
- Perform server hardware upgrades
- Steel experience a plus (Hot/Cold-Rolling)
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Science, or EE (or combination of post-secondary and related experience)
- Experience with C++ or .NET Framework,
- MS SQL Server or Oracle DB, Visual Studio, Windows Server required knowledge of process automation within a manufacturing environment
HOW TO APPLY!
Review the full job description and click “Apply Now” to submit your resume:
If you are a good match the interviewing recruiter will contact you directly. Due to the number of applicants we receive, you will not receive a response if there is not a good fit, however, we will keep your resume so we can share future matching opportunities with you. Your resume is kept confidential.