Lending Strategy & Governance Manager
The Lending Strategy & Governance Manager will have bank oversight into credit management account strategies. This position will act as the 1st Line of Defense for the bank and for credit management strategy oversight. This position will work closely with the Banks’ Chief Credit Officer to develop and implement a thorough Bank oversight program. The oversight will focus on credit management underwriting/account management strategies, collection/recovery practices, debt sale strategies, and fraud management strategies.
Reports toChief Credit Officer
Essential Job Functions
- Meet with Servicing Company Credit managers and analysts to develop oversight program for individual strategy, provide effective challenge based on findings, and review findings to improve strategy functionality. Develop an effective communication and coordination program with the Servicing Company’s credit leaders and analysts.
- Ensure that strategies are appropriately approved by the Banks and that any findings related to strategy development or approval are shared with the Servicing Company’s Credit leaders and the bank.
- Develop and lead ongoing, regularly scheduled meetings with Servicing Company Credit Team managers and analysts, senior credit management personnel, and bank management.
- Develop oversight reporting package for the credit committee.
- Oversee a group of strategy analysts who will help develop monitoring and exception management reports related to a specific credit management strategy. The reports and general oversight will align with ERM oversight reports.
- Ensure that critical documentation is developed and maintained to ensure consistency across strategy owners. Documentation will be critical and should include but not limited to: minutes, chain of approvals, and alternative strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related fields required, Master’s degreepreferred.
- 7+ years of experience in bank lending.
- Must have broad knowledge of banking regulations and deep knowledge of consumer regulations.
- Must have 5+ years of experience leading consumer lending strategy development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of credit card business
- Knowledge of banking regulations and regulatory relations
- Ability to understand and manipulate large data sets to deliver compelling story/report
- Knowledge of current technologies and practices associated credit card decision processes
- Knowledge of consumer regulations and laws
- Strong understanding of system process and quick study to learn new system process
- SAS or SQL
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to organize tasks and determine shifting priorities on projects
- Ability to creatively solve problems with innovative solutions
- MS Office: Intermediate proficiency in Excel; basic level of Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: Professional, courteous, friendly, warm, empathetic, level headed and composed
- Presentation (both written and oral) skills to provide analysis results to leadership
Working Conditions/ Physical RequirementsNormal office environment, limited travel required
Direct ReportsThe role will lead a team of 3 or 4 strategy analysts.
Preferred Supervisory Experience3+ years of experience leading teams of credit analysts.