This position is responsible for using the Lender Development Program (LDP) to help credit union lenders in assigned territory increase protection solution sales and improve their cross-sell and up-sell ratios. This role facilitates all modules of LDP and provides ongoing coaching, tracking and motivating of the credit union lending and management team while effectively managing their territory, specifically in the areas of participation, lending and revenue growth. They will help account teams with relationship building, strengthening management commitment, implementing rewards and recognition programs and providing input to the account management team.
Training, coaching, relationship building and communication are done with credit unions through face-to-face or virtual channels, as appropriate. This position will manage the territory as a business; utilizing economic, financial, and industry data to diagnose territory strengths and/or weaknesses and executing strategic plans to drive results.
- Achieve increase in protection solution sales using LDP in all assigned accounts (anotherother accounts as needed)
- Effectively execute the LDP sales process from assess to post sale (i.e. LDP assessment and setup tracking)
- Facilitate all modules of LDP including initial sessions, follow-up sessions and refresher sessions as required; Work with lenders to improve protection sales and possibly uncover additional member needs and match those needs with other credit union products and services as well as those offered by CUNA Mutual Group
- Ensure that monthly risk, performance and revenue discussions take place with credit union management and staff
- Support and coach credit union branch management and staff on a continual basis focusing on implementation of LDP tactics and principles which ensure achievement of credit union lending objectives
- Develop, implement, track and review credit union level sales incentive plans to support the success of LDP
- Understand credit union goals to a level that allows for the creation and implementation of mutually beneficial CUNA Mutual Group and credit union lending solutions through effective use of the current sales tracking systems/tools (i.e. salesforce.com) and active involvement in sales teams
- Build and nurture collaborative partnerships with credit union management and front line lending staff, which increases loyalty to CUNA Mutual Group and lending related solutions (credit insurance, debt cancellation, MRC, Gap, etc.); Leverage the use of field staff to provide additional lending solution assistance as needed
- Ensure sound financial management of territory and resources to ensure a favorable return on dollars invested in credit union and account team training, as well as create and utilize reports measuring the effectiveness of the training
- Maintain knowledge on emerging credit union marketplace trends in the financial services industry, and the training field in order to make recommendations to the portfolio of credit union learning solutions and provide expertise to the internal and external customer base
- Conduct self in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures of ethical market conduct, including but not limited to the LDP shared team philosophy, with high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity
- Demonstrate ongoing success in achieving goals outlined in the areas of participation, revenue, and expense management in the assigned territory
- Help organize ideas and materials for, and actively participate in, customer engagement, implementation, credit union performance review meetings, and account team discussions
- Observe and actively participate in crucial conversations with customers at assigned accounts concerning LDP-related topics including but not limited to: participation percentages, effective coaching, recognition and reward programs, sales culture, etc. resulting in improved behaviors and strengthened results
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline or equivalent trade-off in financial services industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years lending experience, credit union lending experiencepreferred
- Strong selling, motivational and influencing skills with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial services related products and overall financial services operations
- Demonstrated effective analytical, problem solving, organization and planning skills; Ability to effectively communicate in a virtual channel with strong influencing and persuasion skills, at both the customer and internal levels
- Proven ability to coach credit union staff and to develop and execute behavioral action plans
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written consultative and public speaking skills
- Ability to prioritize and develop action plans to maximize results
- Territory management an asset
- Demonstrated skill in delivering training to adult learners (minimum two years or equivalent experience)
- Life and Health insurance license (resident) within 90 days of employment
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financialsecurity and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
Job ID R-001855