More information about this job
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with over 1 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
What you should know about the role
This position is responsible to support lending management with ongoing data analysis focused specifically on the lending area. This position will be key to the lending management’s team enhanced analytical approach. Strong understanding of lending policies, procedures, risks and risk indicators is essential.
As a Lending Analyst, you will have opportunities to:
- Have significant impact organization wide.
- Work on entirely new projects for the organization.
- Be mentally simulated and provided with the opportunity to use problem solving skills.
- Extracts data from Credit Union relational databases and formulate into business intelligence reports. Generates reports for tracking trends and patterns. Validates data against existing benchmarks to ensure data accuracy.
- Responsible for providing analytical reviews for lending area, including but not limited to: indirect dealer performance, underwriting guideline & policy compliance, underwriting trend monitoring, various otherad-hocreport requests from lending management.
- Makes ongoing recommendations for product and process enhancements based upon data analysis; tests and measures effectiveness of recommendations.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses utilizing tools related to core analytics, statistical modeling, and regression analysis to develop business and portfolio insights. Conducts research, prepare reports, and analyze credit performance on credit risk trends, portfolio reviews, economic forecast, etc.
- Provides ongoing & annual indirect dealer due diligence files; post delinquency and charge off analysis of loan quality decisions.
Is able to bend, sit, and stand in order to perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
Skills & Experience
Five to Eight years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A college degree.
The ability to motivate or influence inside and outside senior level personnel is a critical part of the job, requiring a significant level of influence and trust. Obtaining cooperation and agreement on important outcomes via frequently complex, senior level dialogues, as well as a professional level of written communication skills are essential to the position.
Experience with lending products, processes, and controls.
Significant ability to analyze data via excel and otherdatabase solutions.