The Public Policy and Social Impact Team is a fast-growing, dynamic, collaborative group working to help Dashers, local businesses, and cities thrive. From creating new protections and benefits for workers, to supporting small businesses through innovative partnerships, to connecting communities in need with the power of last-mile logistics, we are at the cutting edge of public policy issues at all levels of government.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced legislative counsel and policy professional to join the team’s Policy Development and Research Group. The Legislative Counsel will shape the legal and regulatory framework for a new sector of the economy at a pivotal moment. This expansive role goes far beyond legislative analysis. You will work with stakeholders across the company to develop and support the adoption of policies that best serve Dashers, merchants, and consumers.
This is a J.D.-required role (please note that while a JD is required, this role is not on the Legal Team).
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Conceptualize, draft, and advise on legislative and regulatory proposals covering a wide range of subject matter areas at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Identify legislative trends and develop strategies and policy proposals to further the interests of DoorDash and our communities.
- Collaborate with other members of the Public Policy Team, members of the Legal Team, and business units throughout the company -- from Product to Finance to Operations -- to develop DoorDash’s position on potential legislation and regulations.
- Engage with academics and think tanks to ensure DoorDash remains at the cutting edge of public policy debates on the issues that matter most to our business and our users.
- Work with counterparts at peer companies to build industry alignment on important policy issues facing the gig economy across the country.
- Represent DoorDash in conversations with elected officials and other policymakers.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a J.D. with a strong academic record and a demonstrated record of success as a lawyer focusing on a wide range of legislative, regulatory, and constitutional issues.
- You have 5-7 years of experience drafting and analyzing legislative proposals, regulations, and legal opinions.
- You are a Registered Member of at least one state Bar.
- You are a self-starter who is intrinsically motivated and confident operating autonomously but also a good teammate.
- Bonus points for experience in-house at a technology company, in government, and/or at a judicial clerkship.