Position Description: This senior project manager will report to the Senior Litigation Counsel and Director of eDiscovery & Data Protection and in addition to supporting litigation strategy, will assist in evaluating large scale enterprise projects related to legal technology, develop a process to coordinate and catalog off-site storage and archive materials, and prepare an IT forensic toolset gap analysis and solution implementation. This person will actively collaborate with various members of the global IT organization, execute periodic programmatic risk based assessment of IT tools, and build solutions to identify and preserve data required for litigation discovery. This person will also regularly partner with various business organizations, legal functional areas, HR and Global Information Security to identify, collect and preserve data required for litigation discovery. This person should be prepared to perform a proactive risk-based integrated legal and electronic discovery ("ediscovery") review and analysis on any corporate system or process. This person also should have an in-depth understanding of the litigation lifecycle, enterprise and litigation technology, ediscovery best practices, ediscovery vendor management, and be able to perform paralegal litigation support on all aspect of general and patent litigation.
- Experience planning and managing large scale legal technology projects, experience understanding a wide range of enterprise and 3rd party legal technology software solutions such as Relativity (data review tool) and Guidance (internal data collection and processing tool).
- Experience working with enterprise data management tools such as Sharepoint, Box and/or Office 365 and think creativity to provide solutions to the complex challenge of moving data from local on-premises storage to cloud storage (including analyzing cost, legal risk, data accessible, and information security).
- Provide best practice recommendations for future enterprise technology solutions.
- Ability to work directly with legal team members, technical staff, outside counsel and technical 3rd party vendors – evaluating complex technology solutions, developing project plans, shaping and managing projects to meet case or project objectives.
- Experience in database management, data integration and collaborative site clean up a plus.
- Ability and experience serving as ediscovery corporate witness – as this will increasingly be a potential need as more advanced corporate data policies and practices are implemented.
- Self starter with strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills and a thorough working knowledge of a variety of computer and data forensic software including, spreadsheets, document management, email and database programs.
- Provide advance consultation, advice and recommendations on best practices by managing e-discovery workflow design and documenting business processes as it relates to legal technology solutions.
- Consult on all aspects of e-discovery and data lifecycle, including but not limited to, data preservation, data collection, data culling, staffing needs, technology options, best practices and application support and internal and external training.
- Create and manage e-discovery project budgets for case team and practice area including vetting and negotiating complex technical service contracts with ediscovery vendors and practitioners.
- 8+ years of experience in ediscovery, litigation management and paralegal function
- Prior experience managing internal and external litigation support on large and complex litigation cases.
- Thorough knowledge of all litigation life cycle stages, understanding standard ediscovery concepts, and related ediscovery processes, case law, associated rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the latest ediscovery vendors, software tools and processes, with the ability to customize and onboard these solutions for enterprise use.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, collaborative tools and legal support application.
- Strong communicator, orally and in writing with the ability to negotiate, influence and persuade others, including working well within a team environment.