- In this role, you will need to have a clear understanding of legal procedures and be able to handle all related paperwork in the court system.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to attorney(s) and/or paralegal(s) in Litigation.
- Conduct research, prepare documentation both pleadings and correspondence, coordinate projects, determine filing deadlines according to court rules and calendar.
- File in all courts (State and Federal) (CM/ECF), and manage any information pertinent to a court case.
In addition to the legal litigation duties, must be able to:
- Provide general administrative and clerical tasks, including planning and scheduling meetings/appointments with clients, organize and maintain files and other work necessary to ensure the office runs efficiently.
- Communicate through the distribution of email, websites and mail services.
- Screen telephone calls taking accurate messages in accordance with office policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit new matter reports, expense reports, follow?up on billing matters, and prepare otherfinancial summaries as requested.
- High school graduate.
- Relevant litigation experience.
- Typing speed of sixty (60) words per minute.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to work with a variety of software programs including Microsoft?Office Suite, Excel, Adobe, DeskSite, Perfect Law, to create, edit, and finalize legal documents, reports, spreadsheets, downloading from court docket systems, calendaring federal and state deadlines.
- Ability to work with a variety of office equipment, including fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, and video conferencing, and telephone systems.
- Proofreading skills with attention to detail, solid writing, grammar and punctuation abilities. Professional demeanor, ability to interact effectively, and flexibility.
- Ability to assess priorities and workload.
- Ability to multitask.
- Hawai'i specific experience
- Experience with the CM/ECF Hawai'i court system, both State and Federal.
AHFI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
AHFI offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
- litigation: 2years
- Legal Secretary: 1year